Lumberjack is a camper favorite at Acahela. The site is set back off Lower Road in a grove of pines and sits on a small bluff that overlooks a section of Rabbit Run, a small creek that winds through the camp. It's a little more isolated than some of our other sites, but still close enough to be convenient to get to other parts of the camp.
Site Capacity: For medium to larger sized units
Special Features: Pine grove on a bluff overlooking Rabbit Run and the Lower Camp
Latrine type: Classic pit latrine with wash stand
Lumberjack in the Summer features:
- 11 2-man platforms with tents
- 2 Nylon Canvas Amy-style cots in each tent.
- Program tarp & Dining Fly
- 1 Picnic Table
- Lightly wooded area yielding a good balance of sunshine and shade during the day.
- Has it's own latrine and washstand.
Fall, Winter, and Spring features:
- Platforms remain in place and may be used with your own tents.
- Water generally at site from mid-May to late October.
- Usually accessible during the winter
Location of Campsite in Camp
Campsite layout not available at this time
Campsite gallery not available at this time